Richard Sidey is a professional freelance photographer, filmmaker and digital media designer based in the stunning mountain town of Wanaka, New Zealand. A keen outdoor adventure, Richard enjoys mixing nature with media and undertaking expeditions to remote corners of the globe to share their beauty. Visit Richard's commercial media website.
Richard spends part of the year at sea working onboard Tourist Vessels as an Expedition Photographer, travelling to the spectacular polar regions of the planet and other remote locations. His travel blog features his latest trips, including voyages to the Arctic, Greenland, Iceland, Chilean Fjords, The Falkland Islands, South Georgia, Antarctica and West Africa. Read a recent biography about Richard and his expedition photography here....
This website is a portfolio of his work and hosts several photo galleries as well as a collection of short films and animations. Happy viewing...
News Archive | Quick Links
* Speechless: A Disappearing World has been selected as a finalist in the Environmental Photographer of the Year awards and will be exhibited at the Royal Geographical Society in London from April 10th - May 3rd, 2013.
* Two new music videos for Hazel Heights!
* Speechless: Nature without music or narration
* Bikes for Africa is complete! You can order the DVD, join our facebook group and check it out at the 2013 Documentary Edge Festival
* Slide screened at the AllShorts Film Festival in Oct '11.
* A new website for our Bikes for Africa documentary.
* An animated music video for the talented Hana Fahy
* Richard's film Landscapes at the World's Ends has won 'Best NZ Cinematography' at the Reel Earth Environmental Film Festival and has screened at the: Madeira Film Festival / Alaska Ocean Film Festival / Byron Bay Film Festival / San Francisco Ocean Film Festival / Reel Earth Environmental Film Festival / Documentary Edge Festival / St Petersburg Maritime Film Festival / American Conservation Film Festival.
* The shop is now open! You can order DVDs online.
* A new 2010 showreel is online on the Digital Media gallery.
In the Media
* A photographic interview on Lucky Compiler
* An interview with Richard Sidey in Latitude Magazine
* An article on Richard Sidey in The Christchurch Press
* Richard's work published in Vanguardia Magazine.
Online Video Clips
* An excerpt from Bikes for Africa, as well as the trailer
* 2012 Expedition Photography showreel
• Watching the Northern Lights from Iceland
• Swimming with singing Humpback Whales in Vava'u
* Sumo westling Elephant Seals on Japanese TV
* A time lapse of the River Thames in London
* Grønlapse with an original soundtrack by Boreal Taiga
* Elephant Seals fighting on the beaches of South Georgia
* A time lapse of a Panama Canal transit
* Aeon is now streaming at NZ on Screen
* The Best It's Ever Been, a music video for Brian Rein Morris.
Film Festival Awards
* Editing Competition Winner - NZMFF 2012
* Special Jury Award (Bikes for Africa) - NZMFF 2012
* Best NZ Cinematography (Landscapes) - Reel Earth 2011
* Special Mention (Landscapes) - Documentary Edge 2011
* Best Student Film (Aeon) - American Conservation 2007
* Best NZ Short Film (Aeon) - DocNZ 2005
For the freshest updates, visit the RichardSidey.com Media Blog
I'm always after a new concept to help share the experience of visiting some of the most superb natural environments of the planet. I'm stripping my videos back and presenting the raw footage to put you in my shoes. I'd love to hear your feedback. See the Speechless series here
Bikes for Africa - Documentary Trailer
Here is the trailer for Bikes for Africa, a combined documentary project with Hap Cameron. This honest, entertaining and emotional film follows Hap and containerload of secondhand bikes from Melbourne on their way to Namibia, and witnesses how they can enhance the lives of rural Africans.Visit the Bikes for Africa website for more and to order the film on DVD.
Inner - Music Video with Miriama Young
Filmed in Iceland & New Zealand, my latest music video features the Scotland-based Kiwi, Miriama Young, an award winning musician.. We filmed this amongst dynmaic geothermal fields and tremendous waterfalls that populate the Icelandic landscape. It was an complete pleasure to work with such a professional composer and an absolutely beautiful song. Please watch it full-screen with headphones!
Commercial Media website | MinaretMedia.co.nz
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone | +64 22 6594122 (New Zealand)
Skype | sideyman
Photography & Video Channels
Facebook | Flickr | YouTube | Vimeo
RichardSidey.com appreciates the support of Spirit of Baraka. This page was aided with the odd bit of advice from internet guru and handsome man Jonathan Stening.
All content on RichardSidey.com is © Richard Sidey 2010